Help 1 million businesses save over 1 million dollars in taxes.
The Accounting & Tax Manager leads and manages multiple operations of the accounting and tax practice area to deliver quality services that will ensure compliance with GAAP and minimize the amount of tax our clients pay. Effectively manages accounting and tax activities to deliver key financial management reports and compliance of taxes to reduce errors.
ABOUT INTENTIONAL ACCOUNTING
We are Intentional Accounting, we provide accounting and tax services and we are growing by the day. Our mission is to influence the prosperity of those we serve through intentional, proactive accounting. We are intentional and disciplined in our pursuit to see every team member reach their personal, professional, and financial goals through the work we do together. Our core values are the backbone of our business and guide our hiring process: we are inspirational, we apply kaizen, we are adaptable, aligned, disciplined, accountable, transparent, and results oriented.
- Build relationships and interact with clients to provide excellent planning, consulting, and expertise; conduct periodic meetings with clients to determine the effectiveness of financial plans and fine-tune the tactics
- Review balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements
- Oversee all financial management, planning, systems, and controls for clients, including income statements, balance sheets, budgeting, forecasts, and charts of accounts
- Review the preparation and delivery of monthly financial reporting packages, activity reports, and financial forecasts for clients
- Oversee the quarterly/annual budgeting, revenue forecasting, and financial review process for assigned clients
- Provide innovative tax planning and review complex income tax returns
- Identify and mitigate tax risks
- Oversee tax provision and tax compliance process
- Improve processes by developing or implementing best practices
- Manage and coordinate tax audits
- Attend and participate in internal meetings and complete required training
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- Extensive knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting
- Understanding of and ability to adhere to GAAP
- Knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and all types of tax returns
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Quickbooks Online, tax software, and MS Office
- Ability to meet deadlines and problem solve
- Strong client service along with the ability to develop excellent client relationships
- Strong leadership and personnel management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Analytical skills with detail orientation
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BA in Accounting or MA in Taxation
- 5 years of financial management experience
- Ability to spend prolonged periods of time sitting at a desk using a computer
- Health Insurance
- Remote with Flexible Hours
- Professional Training & Development Opportunities
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
As an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting the needs of a multigenerational and multicultural workforce, Intentional Accounting recognizes that a diverse staff, reflective of our community, is an integral and welcome part of a successful and ethical business. We hire local talent at all levels regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability and actively foster inclusion in all forms both within our company and across interactions with clients, candidates, and partners.
If this position caught your eye, send us your resume! For best consideration, include the job title and source where you found this position in the subject line of your email to email@example.com. Already an Intentional Accounting candidate? Please connect directly with your recruiter to discuss this opportunity.